Monday, February 17, 2014

SULIT CARD G.O.L.D.


Today, I got my Sulit Card G.O.L.D.  What is this? A discount card you wish you will never have.  Well, it's Pfizer's discount card for Norvasc, maintenance meds for high blood pressure/hypertension.

I don't like it :(  Tumatanda na ba ako?  Maintenance meds at 38 years old?

Actually, I started taking Norvasc 5mg in October 2013.  I took it for one month because the doctor said 130/100 blood pressure (BP) is not normal for my age.  I just had it for a month and just continuously monitor my BP.

Then two weekends ago, I started to feel like my head was expanding.  I was thinking it may be due to back pains.  So I went out to see an Ortho who gave me pain reliever and muscle relaxant.  Still there was the "expanding" feeling in my head and when hubby checked my BP on Feb 11, 2014, it was my all time high: 150/100.  I still went to the office that day because I still feel well.  I don't feel anything alarming.  Not even dizzy or whatever.  When I got to the office, my BP went 160/100.  That's when I decided to see a doctor because even if I'm not feeling anything, I know this is not normal.  They even say that hypertension/high blood is a traitor.  Nakupow, wag po muna.  My kids are so small.  I felt fear... not for myself... but for my kids who are only 3 and 5 years old.  Emergency prayer talaga na wag Nyo muna po akong kukunin... kawawa naman kids ko... pati si hubby na rin.

Anyway, I went to St. Luke's Global, since it's near my office, and consulted a cardiologist.  Doc asked me to have blood tests (chem 8), urinalysis, ambulatory BP (BP monitor for 24 hours), and 2D echo with doppler.  Buti na lang di ako takot sa mga tests, sa hospital, or sa doctor.  Did all that last week and today I went to my Cardio for interpretation.  

Results?

Blood chem - Normal

Urinalysis - Ok

Ambulatory BP- Average BP was 150! Josme, average?!?!  And I did not realize that I registered a 173 BP in the afternoon of Feb 11 and while sleeping highest BP was 150.  Gosh, sleeping na nga 150 pa rin.

2D echo - Aorta a little dilated that's why I really need to bring my BP down para hindi mapagod ang puso at di mag-expand.

I asked Doc what may be the cause.  I may have inherited it from Papa and Mama (family history raw) and due to diet (sabi nga ni Doc Noel Aquino mag-ingat sa mga kinakain ko!!!) :)

Oh, dear Lord, I am so thankful I am still okay today.  Normal and alive.  Parang yung iba kasi nasstroke na yata sa 160-170 BP.  Waking up alive and well everyday is a gift from You, Lord.  A blessing indeed.

So what's next?  Eh di eto will start to live healthier.  Starting to check our daily meal plan.  Hirap.  But anyway, it's a matter of getting used to it.  Besides, this is not a joke.  I still need to live for my family.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for droppin' by :) I would love to hear from you :)