Thursday, September 6, 2012

PLAYDATE

Naomi had her first playdate with her classmate Sofia last August 31, 2012.  I think she really had fun coz when Naomi went home, she was full of stories and was telling me how cool Sofia's mom's car is.  More than the stories, she came home with these cutie bows on her head.  Sofia gave them to her :)

Lovely bows which may be used as hair accessory or may be clipped to shirts and rubber shoes.

"Playdate" is actually a new concept for me.  Although I have an idea of what this is about, I still looked it up in Google and I found this in Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_date

O diba, uso na talaga to.  Actually, even last year, I've been receiving invitations from some mommies of Naomi's classmates.  But I couldn't get Naomi to join coz there is nobody to bring her to the venue as both me and my husband are working.  But for Naomi's first playdate, Sofia's mom, Andie, offered to pick her up from our home at 2:00 pm and to bring her back at 5:00 pm.  Since I took the day off from the office last August 31, I offered to just bring Naomi to Sofia's house but requested Andie to bring her back home instead.  I offered to do this coz I want to see where my daughter would be playing.  I learned further from Andie that she ensures her daughter Sofia has one-on-ones and group playdates to improve social skills.  Sofia has a regular group playdate every Friday and all moms take turns in hosting it.  That made me more at ease with the idea of playdates.  It seems like Sofia's mom knows very well how playdates work.  Andie even asked me if Naomi is allergic to anything and to any specific food.

Oh well, I guess that's how it is these days.  Back in my generation, kids would just go out of the streets and play.  As in kung saan saan pa kami nakakarating lalo na pag naka-bike. Parents then would just call you when it's time to go back home.  Other parents would shout "Psssttt!" and for some reason my playmates know who was calling who.  But I guess the security situation today is different.  Now, I can't imagine allowing my children to wander around the village all by themselves.  And most mothers now are working so the children are not really allowed to go out and are left with the care of the nannies who are given instructions to watch over the children at home.

So I guess it will just be playdates from now on :)

P.S.  Just the same, I am still hoping my kids will learn and experience the traditional Pinoy games like chinese garter, mataya-taya, tumbang preso, shato, pepsi-seven-up, at kung anu-ano pa :)  For starters, I bought these so I can start teaching Naomi chinese garter, chinese king kong, and 10-20 :)  Laro na!

Pinag dugtung-dugtong na goma.  Bow!

3 comments:

  1. si maia sanay na sa playdate. lolz. music to her ears ang term na yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha so ganyan na talaga ang laro today hehehe at kailangan maging open si mommy sa konseptong ito. bow :D

      Delete
    2. next time ikaw na nyan magho host :D

      Delete

Thanks for droppin' by :) I would love to hear from you :)