Sunday, October 27, 2013

NAOMI, NAOMI, NAOMI

Dear Naomi,

Congratulations!!!  You did a good job being the first place in your class and you did a whole lot of other great things in just the first semester of SY 2013-2014.  You are 5 years and 4 months old as I write this letter.  Mommy and Daddy are just so proud of you.  Most importantly, I’m glad that you are enjoying school. 

Let me enumerate your milestones:

August 16, 2013 – First Parent-Teacher Conference (Kinder A, 1st Trimester, SY 2013-2014

According to Teacher Dianne, this is more of a behavioral assessment.  This is what Teacher had to say.


 Teacher told us that you are so lady-like.  You are so poised!  You are soft-spoken and yet starting to show leadership skills.  Teacher said you just need to learn how to speak louder and to work faster on your seat work.  Yeah, anak, you can do this.  And I’m glad to know that your first two months started well.  Mommy is just so anxious at first as to how you will adjust to the big school.  But look at you now :)

October 18, 2013 – Little Archers’ Olympics

 
Yes, finally, your dream of being a cheer dancer is now a reality.  You auditioned for La Salle’s pep squad and you got in!  I think you were about 3 or 4 years old when you started dreaming to be a cheer dancer because of the movie “Bring It On”.  And so your first performance happened last October 18, 2013, when you performed at La Salle Greenhills for the Little Archers’ Olympics.  Mommy and Daddy are so impressed of you because you woke up really early for it (without us waking you up) so we can be in school at 6:15 am.  You went to La Salle Greenhills without Mommy, Daddy, or Yaya.  Sorry, Mommy was not there to watch (parents can go to La Salle Greenhills but on their own).  But when I asked if you looked for Daddy and Mommy, you said no.  When I asked if you got sad because there was no Mommy or Daddy to watch you, you said no.  Gosh, Mommy was so relieved because Mommy was feeling guilty to have missed this.  But more than the relief that you gave Mommy, it was the thought that you are showing signs of independence that made me really smile.  Parents are not really there to protect and shield you all the time but it is more to train you to have the traits and values you need to live the life you have.  For some reason, Mommy is more concerned on how you’ll have a high emotional quotient than just being good at academics.  I’m glad that I see La Salle as a partner to that goal.  I’ve been seeing various activities in your school that I think train students to be independent and confident.  Ooops, carried away na naman yata ako.  Umo-OA na naman si Mommy.  Wala lang, I’m just so happy for you anak.  I saw your video in Facebook since Sofia’s mom shared it.  Ang galing!  Winner ang kembot mo hahaha

October 24, 2013 – Science Quiz Bee 

Another first, my princess.  We got a note from Teacher that you were chosen to be one of the representatives to the Science Quiz Bee.  When I got there, you just finished the quiz bee.  Good thing Daddy took a video of it.  And Mommy was really impressed.  Especially during the difficult round where there were no choices and wrong spelling will not be counted.  Example lang.  One of the questions was “Where do orchids live and grow?”  You answered, “pot”.  Tama yun, my princess hahaha you see naman that our orchids at home are growing and living in the pot (some of them lang kasi others are in a drift wood kaya nga si Daddy puno ang naiisip na answer hahaha). But the correct answer was “air”.  Hihihih that’s okay, anak.  This is just the start.  For sure, there will be more quiz bees for you.  And I really admire La Salle that they expose students this young to activities like this which I think train students to be confident and competitive.  Sige bawi tayo next time, my princess.  And don’t worry, we are still buying you a new pair of rubbers shoes ;)



October 25, 2013 – Card-giving day for the first trimester of SY 2013-2014

You did it!  You’re the first in class!  In fairness, ang galing mang-surprise ni Teacher Dianne.  She showed me first your Exemplary Deportment Award, discussed with me your grades, and finally showed the First Place Award.  Yiiiiiiiiii!  Can’t contain my happiness then.  Galing mo!  I remember Daddy would always tell you to aim to be number one because 2nd place is the first loser.  Syempre to the rescue si Mommy because I’m not sure how you’ll take the pressure in school.  I just would like you to adjust to the “real” school first.  But look at that.  Maybe, I’m babying you a little.  Maybe, I should trust you more :)  Anyway, I’ll leave the pushing to Daddy and Mommy will be that safety emotional net ;)  Good deal? :D

 
Hayyy baby ko.  How time flies.  You are now starting to build yourself.  I hope and pray that you will continue to aim high, love learning, and act with integrity and with heart to others.  Pray always my baby and  know that your family is always here to support you.  

I love you so much,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for droppin' by :) I would love to hear from you :)