Sunday, September 2, 2018

HYSTERECTOMY


This is my last day of vacation after I had a medical operation, called hysterectomy, last June 15, 2018.  Yes, back to the corporate world tomorrow, September 3, 2018.  Awww, mixed feelings for me.  Yes, I know that work is a blessing but I will just super miss my time at home with the kids.

Back track about three months ago, I went through some marriage and career challenges, which through the grace of God, fell into the right pieces then.  So after those episodes, I thought I needed a break.  I asked my boss for a one week break but I did not hear from her.  So I thought, ok fine, ignored.  I won't go on leave anymore.  Then, for some reason, my hubby asked me to go back to my OB for a follow-up check-up.  It was unusual for him to suggest that but we did go see my OB and got the news that I should consider having my uterus removed.  It was not as urgent as it seems to be but something that I should go through because my uterus is getting bigger and the count of my myomas were increasing.  At first, I did not want to have it yet as I have so many projects and to-do's in the office.  Hubby again suggested that we do it as soon as possible to prevent further implications and also considering that June had a number of holidays.  I trustfully agreed to my hubby and looking back, I have never been excited for an operation.  I realized then that this is the vacation that I have been waiting for.  I was denied for a one week leave but I was given two and a half months instead.  Indeed, a blessing in disguise!

My medical operation was indeed a miracle.  It opened doors for me.  Doors to take care of myself and my family.  Doors that reminded me that I am a mom and a wife more than just a career woman.  More than physical healing, I had mental, emotional and spiritual healing.  And God was so good because He provided for me in such surprising ways.  I learned that there was magna carta for women where women who had undergone hysterectomy will be compensated for 2 months, that I was entitled for SSS disability claim, that I can apply for a PWD ID (good for parking purposes and I can discounts too), and other financial sources that came at a right time for the family.  Most especially, me and my hubby's stocks were doing so good, we were able to pre-terminate our loan and happy to announce that we are now debt free!

God really works in mysterious ways.  And the best ways ever.  Grateful for this miraculous operation.  Grateful to have Mama and Papa (realized that the best marriage counselors are your parents!).  Grateful for my loving family.  Grateful for my hubby. Grateful for this blessed life.

So for those who are going through some challenges in life, keep faith.  God is good all the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for droppin' by :) I would love to hear from you :)