Wednesday, August 7, 2013

LITTLE EINSTEIN


Hubby and I decided to have Nathan's eye checked because we noticed that he would always tilt his head to the left whenever he watches the television (even if the television is just in front of  him!).  It was a red flag for me because my sister and my niece had the same habit when they were about 5 to 6 years old (can't remember exactly when) and that was when they started wearing eyeglasses.  

So I had Nathan scheduled at the American Eye Center, at Shangri-la Edsa, on July 27, 2013, for consulation with a pedia-ophthalmologist.  Our doctor is Dr. Catherine Qui-Macaraig.  Actually, she is the same doctor that we consulted when Naomi was months old.  Naomi had discharge in her eyes (sort of pus-looking discharge) when she was a baby.  We learned that it was because her tear ducts were closed.  According to the doctor, some babies are like that but it opens up sooner or later.  If it did not, then a surgery was needed.  Good thing, Naomi's tear ducts opened and with the help of some eye medications, all was well.  I guess her tear ducts were too open that's why she easily cries now that she is a toddler hahahah (joke lang, Naomi, you're such a bubbly kinda maligalig lang kid hahaha).

Anyway, going back to Nathan, the eye tests resulted to him having astigmatism.  Below is his prescription.  The first number is the lens grade and the next number is the astigmatism.  For the last number (180), I forgot what it is for :)  


The doctor told us that we can have him wear eyeglasses to correct astigmatism.  If he stops tilting his head after wearing eyeglasses, then Nathan may be feeling the comfort of the lens support. Although sometimes, at his age, some kids just have certain habits.  And the tilting of his head may just be behavioral.  So we just need to remind Nathan every time he tilts his head.  

Oh well, I hope the astigmatism will be corrected soon.  The challenge is to have him wear the eyeglasses longer.  Nathan can only wear it for a minute or less.  I guess he is comparing the vision with and without eyeglasses and it may still be weird for him.  I don't blame him.  I also find wearing eyeglasses such a hassle that's why I opted for contact lens :)  O sya, for now here is our cutie little Einstein :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for droppin' by :) I would love to hear from you :)