Tuesday, May 21, 2013

LIFE IS A HIGHWAY


Here is one of the family's favorite songs:  "Life Is A Highway" from Cars 1.  Nathan and Naomi can sing along with it.  And, yes, I proclaim that this is the family's new national anthem :)

Enjoy and sing along.  You'll love the lyrics as well :)


"Life Is A Highway"
(by Rascal Flatts, Official Music Video)


Life's like a road that you travel onThere's one day here and the next day goneSometimes you bend, sometimes you standSometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside every darkened doorWhere blues won't haunt you anymoreFor the brave are free and lovers soarCome ride with me to the distant shore
We won't hesitateTo break down the garden gateThere's not much time left today, yeah
Life is a highway, I wanna ride itAll night longIf you're going my way, I wanna drive itAll night long
Through all these cities and all these townsIt's in my blood and it's all aroundI love you now like I loved you thenThis is the road and these are the hands
From Mozambique to those Memphis nightsThe Khyber Pass to Vancouver's lightsThey knock me down and back up againYou're in my blood, I'm not a lonely man
There's no load I can't holdThe road's so rough this I knowI'll be there when the light comes inJust tell 'em we're survivors
Life is a highway, I wanna ride itAll night longIf your going my way, I wanna drive itAll night long
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, yeahLife is a highway, I wanna ride itAll night long (mmmm yeah)If your going my way, I wanna drive itAll night long
There was a distance between you and I(between you and I)A misunderstanding onceBut now, we look it in the eyeOoooo...Yeah gimme some mowah!
There ain't no load that I can't holdThe road's so rough this I knowI'll be there when the light comes inJust tell 'em we're survivors
Life is a highway, I wanna ride itAll night long (all night long, yeah hey)If your going my way, I wanna drive itAll night long
Life is a highway, I wanna ride itAll night longIf your going my way, I wanna drive itAll night long
Life is a highway, I wanna ride itAll night longIf your going my way, I wanna drive itAll night long
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme some more, yeah
[ Lyrics from: http://www.metrolyrics.com/life-is-a-highway-lyrics-rascal-flatts.html ]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for droppin' by :) I would love to hear from you :)